Friday, July 9, 2010

Ducks, Mice, and Cows...Oh My!

Well, it has certainly be a fun-filled, action packed couple of weeks here at the Westover household!  Laura is learning new words and making new connections every day!  It's been so much fun!  About a week ago, we had the pleasure of going to Disney world for a few hours and stumbled upon the most amazing hidden corner with her favorite friend...DONALD!  And Minnie and Stitch were there too! I had to ask if this was for a make-a-wish family or something because I couldn't believe it!  It was so hidden that Laura had the characters all to herself for nearly 10 minutes! She had the very best time!  What a magical experience :)


As you can see, she's pretty smitten with Donald. Watch out Daisy...you have some competition!


Besides ducks, Laura's other favorite animals are dogs and cows. So, Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-a was tons of fun for her this year!  She was "mooing" all day long as she looked at her outfit! I made Laura a matching shirt/shorts set which I hope that she can also wear next year. I'm really proud of how it turned out. Memom's lessons in Texas really helped to fine-tune my skills!


Here's the happy herd. We even upgraded our hats this year and we all match perfectly!


Of course, I couldn't resist trying to make my own shirt too. It's my first "adult sized" shirt.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  I might need to make some more in some more "subdued" patterns...


Laura and I also had a super fun lunch. We met our friends and had an awesome time playing on the playground afterwards.  You know you are blessed with good friends when they agree to dress up as cows with you!  We took this picture after lunch, so most of the outfits had already come off...but you get the idea!


No comments: