
Mirror, Mirror on the wall...who's the fairest of them all? That one's easy..."Princess Laura Jo" of course :) After a lifetime of loving Disney and over 7 years being "good friends" with Snow White at Disney, I was more than excited to sew Laura Jo's very first princess dress. I took my old Disney photos to the fabric store and matched the materials "just right." The collar and cape are even detachable, just like the one at Disney. I made the dress easily alterable so that it'll last over a few years. Laura enjoys playing in her new dress and I look forward to hours of "dress-up time" with her! Of course, we're planning on bringing her to Disney to meet the real Snow White and would like to get some professional photos in the dress as well. Those pictures will be soon to follow!
Ok, so I missed her smile on this one but I like the pose because you can compare it to the Disney one below. They don't make little girl dresses like the one this tiny Snow White has anymore, they're more expensive now and less authentic. I think I managed to make a pretty good match to it, though!
I couldn't resist in throwing in a few pictures of my real Prince Charming too!
This is my favorite video of Laura, by far! It shows off her new dress and her AWESOME dance moves! Laura loves to turn on the demo button on our keyboard and go nuts! As you can tell, the keyboard was purchased in the early 90's... At the end of the video, I try to show off her light-up princess shoes, but she doesn't step to show the lights. They're pretty fun though and have already brought lots of enjoyment. Enjoy the dance!

2 comments:
Best post ever.
I can't stand how cute she is. The perfect Snow White. Great job on the dress and I especially loved the dance moves.
I love this - she's SO stinking cute. She's definitely got the Westover dance moves down. :)
Post a Comment