Saturday, August 15, 2015

Emily's Turning 4!!!



It seems like I blinked my eyes and my little baby girl is now all grown up, turning 4, and starting pre-K in just a few days!  Emily, you are so funny, so sweet, and so very precious to me.  

Her birthday wish was to have a unicorn and rainbow party with a coordinating outfit. I had to stay up past 1:00 a.m. almost every night this last week...but I made it happen!  It was completely worth it to see her reaction.  She had her hands on her face, gasped with delight, and said, "Mommy, that is the MOST beautiful outfit I've ever seen!"  She's been twirling in delight while wearing it ever since :)  

We intended to begin the day by tubing in Rock Springs. But, the bacteria  levels were too high and shut down the water area. No worries, though...we quickly changed plans and went canoeing on the Wekiva River.



 Afterwards, we headed back to the house for lots of exciting unicorn and rainbow games.  They started out with the "Rainbow Relay."  Check out Emily's face...she just LOVED each and every game :)

Here is "capture the unicorn." The girls had to use the magical glowing ring to capture the unicorn. If successful, they got to become the unicorn.


Next, we did pin-the-horn on the unicorn. Millie decided to pin it to herself...lol :)


Amazingly, each girl got the horn EXACTLY in the correct spot. No one cheated, though, right?  ha, ha!

Next up was the "Rainbow Round-Up." The girl who rounded up the rainbow balloons into the hoop with the shortest time won.

Then, the girls had to do the "Rainbow-Mane Relay."  


Lastly, they made "unicorn food."  In my head, I thought this would be at least a week or two worth of candy/treats. In reality, it lasted 1 minute...lol :)


I LOVE how Emily's rainbow cake turned out.  BEST.RAINBOW.CAKE.EVER.  Sam's Club very generously made a custom rainbow border, even though they don't normally do custom orders and the girls actually worked together to string the beads for the rainbow themselves. Then, Aunt Christen engineered a way to link the beads together with wire. It was a team effort and came out super cute!  

Emily was SO happy!

Make a wish...

Presents...that's pure joy right there :)



Millie and Emily got matching lunch boxes.

 Happy, happy birthday to my sweet Emily!  I love you!!!


No comments: