Sunday, December 14, 2008

A funny story...

As my belly gets bigger, more and more people tend to be migrating towards me to recognize this large bump I am sporting. Children are literally walking up to me at school and saying "baby" while pointing to my tummy. One small child at church today walked right up, touched my belly and exclaimed "baby!" happily! She was so excited and didn't even know me! Apparently, adults are not equipped with the same high performance level of "baby radar" as small children are...

Jeff and I decided to go to Disney yesterday to check out the beautiful lights on the castle and the Spectacle of Lights at Hollywood studios. There is any area to enter if you have purses/bags (they must be checked) and an area for guests without bags to walk through. One of the security guards actually stopped me and asked if I was hiding a large fanny pack under my jacket, explaining how this was not allowed and must be checked. When I showed him that my "fanny pack" was just my baby, his face turned five shades of red! I told him not to worry and that it was actually a compliment...because, clearly I was too thin everywhere else to look pregnant...ha! Anyhoo, everytime I look at my belly now, I think of my little "fanny pack" and laugh a little.

At my last check-up on Thursday, we found out that my belly was measuring larger than normal...about 35 weeks as opposed to the 29 weeks I actually am. The Dr. thinks it's just extra fluid but we're going to do an ultrasound on the 22nd to see the size of Laura and to see the fluid levels. I'll keep you updated. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the amusement that comes with this large baby bump...

No comments: