Saturday, December 6, 2008

Our Crib Is Here!

Horray! The search for our crib is finally over! Years ago, in the first year of marriage, we saw a crib that looked just like our master bed at home. We decided that whenever we had a child, we wanted a crib just like that one. Of course, when the time finally came, that crib was no where to be found. We searched high and low and were about to give up when Jeff found this one at cribs.com. We are thrilled beyond words...it's EXACTLY what I wanted. Plus, it's a crib-for-life...meaning that it'll convert into a toddler bed (it came with the toddler railings) and can be used as a headboard/footboard for a full-sized adult bed! Jeff, a.k.a "Mr. Handiman," put it together in less than an hour and he didn't even need the directions! You can also notice my other recent project inside the crib. I picked out some wooden letters and painted them to match the fan. They'll go on the wall above her crib when everything is finished. It's so fun to see everything coming together!

Here is a side view of the crib.

Here is the front view. I can imagine little Laura inside already :)


Here's an up-close of my glorious paint job. Each letter is unique and utilizes Memom's "one stroke" brush technique.


Here's our master bed. Compare this picture with the first one above. I think you'll see some striking similarities. I have always LOVED this bed...one of the best purchases I ever made. The only thing better than this bed is the little one we got for Laura Jo!




No comments: