Monday, July 6, 2009

First Rice Cereal!

What a big day in the Westover household!  Our little sweet pea had her first spoonful of "solids" in the form of rice cereal.  As you can see from the picture, it was not love-at-first sight but I think she enjoyed experiencing the new texture/taste and she really loved the spoon. In fact, she grabbed the spoon and brought it to her mouth all by herself! I would venture to say that 99% of the rice cereal ended up in her bib and not her tummy...but the 1% that got in her really seemed to help.  We decided to start solids because Laura has been super hungry recently, eating more frequently, and has not been able to sleep through the night. Last night, however, she slept her longest ever...almost 10 hours...wow!  My baby girl is growing up so quickly!


2 comments:

Stacy Harris said...

What a big girl! She doesn't look like she enjoyed it too much . . . but I hope it fills up her tummy.

Bright Eyes said...

rice cereal never looked so good!!