Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Birthday to Laura!

In just a few short days, our sweet little 1 year old will be 2! Time has sure flown by and has been the most wonderful, enriching 2 years of our lives. Laura Jo is simply amazing...talking up a storm, learning new things every day, and just as sweet as sugar :) I worked hard to custom design and sew her birthday dress. I made it "fancy" using a pink satin base and layering organza over the skirt. Here's a few photos from our session at Sears.

This first photo is my favorite and will go on the "birthday wall." I love my sweet princess. Her little legs are even crossed and her hands are together just right.


I also bought this one...just too in love with her sweet smile!

I didn't purchase the rest of these photos but love all the expressions and personality in them!




For Laura's birthday party, we decided to celebrate with just family at Green Meadows farm. We were blessed to have 14 people to join in on the fun...Memom, Pepaw, and Glenda even traveled from Texas and Christen and Adam drove all the way from South Carolina! We can't express how grateful we are that everyone was there! It was a special time for Laura for sure!

Here's the whole group at the farm.

Family pic by the tractor.

Of course, Mama Jo had to show off and wear an "authentic farm outfit" for the occasion :)

Laura enjoyed petting all the animals...for some reason, she kept going for the back end first...gotta change that habit before she learns the hard way...


Laura held her baby chicken all by herself. She was so gentle!

Laura's highlight was definitely the pony ride. She didn't want to get off!

The perfect cake for a wonderful farm party :) Sam's club did a great job making the base and I went shopping to find the special toppings.

Blowing out the candles! Make a wish!

Woo hoo...Laura can finally play with her toys! She is loving her new pig.

Laura rides the tractor one more time before she goes.


"I see you!," she says :)

My little birthday butterfly :)

Thanks again to all the family members that came out to celebrate with us! This will certainly be a weekend that we will never forget!


2 comments:

Bright Eyes said...

We had an AWESOME time! Thanks for inviting us to come and play and for being such great hosts!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Laura Jo! She is just a precious little girl. We have enjoyed watching her grow up in person and on your blog.
--The Mixsons