It's hard to believe that my sweet little Laura Jo is going to be turning FOUR on Monday! It seems like just yesterday that I was holding her in my arms as a mother for the first time. This birthday seems to be more monumental than the others, as she is leaving toddlerhood and growing up into a young lady before my eyes. Laura is smart, witty, independent, thoughtful, and well...just plain amazing! As if she sensed my anxiety about her growing up too quickly, Laura spoke up on the way to school this week. She said, "Mommy, one day I will grow as many years are you are. I will be ALL big. But, don't worry, I will still want to give you hugs!"
In these pictures, Laura is sporting her brand new birthday dress that I sewed just for her. I also sewed the hair bow she is wearing. Once night, while I was in the middle of sewing her dress, Laura said, "Mommy, when I get older I will learn to sew and I will make YOU a dress. I think I'll use a bird pattern. But if Joann's doesn't have that pattern, I think I'll go with pink sparkles. Yes, pink sparkles will be nice. I think I'll make you a purple dress too. Yes, a pink and purple dress. That will be lovely on you." I LOVE this sweet, thoughtful girl! She certainly knows her Mommy's heart!
1 comment:
Great pictures and very nice job on the dress! Happy Birthday, Laura!!
Post a Comment