One of my goals before Joshua is born is to finally take my fancy camera off automatic mode and learn how to "really" use it. I was blessed with an awesome groupon that allowed me and two of my close friends to take a photography class together. I am soooo excited to use my new skills and capture so many moments that were just previously "missed." Joshua is expected to arrive any day. In fact, if he does not arrive by March 31st (Monday), we have an induction scheduled at 6:00 a.m.!!! But, until then, I am cherishing all of life's sweet little moments with the girls. On Friday, we got to play with Annie and Millie in Majo and Papa Joe's pool and on Monday, the girls and I went to a wonderful Easter Party with my Moms4Moms church group. Fun, fun!
This is my favorite photo. I actually figured out how to "freeze" the water droplets. Neat!
I love this photo too. It's such a sweet focus on Emily and I love the soft lighting.
Our first swim of the season was much more fun with Millie and Annie there!
The girls went exploring in the woods. This one isn't super artsy-farty..but, it was too sweet not to include :)
At our Easter party, the girls had the best time playing with giant bubbles. With the fast moments of Laura's arm, I would've had a whole bunch of blurry shots before. But, with my new skills, I was able to capture the bubbles...horray!
I even got a clear one of her running super fast!
This is my favorite Emily picture. I am so, so crazy in love with this sweet face. This was taken on a bumpy hay ride...so, Emily was bumping around, I was bumping around, and I was still able to capture that precious smile...score!
The girls also got to go on a golf cart!
Horse feeding was also a highlight. With my previous skills, I would have missed this moment. The horse would already be turned around and the carrot would be no where in sight. But, I got it just right this time :) Laura and Emily were in heaven. Laura wants to live WITH the horses, at the farm, outside...lol :)
And, this is the look of PURE JOY! Easter egg hunting was so much fun!
A slinky...fun!
Laura is in awe of her finds too! She also got her face painted like a dog which made her very excited (Emily got her hand painted with a rainbow) :)
The girls even got to dye their own boiled egg. Emily is thinking long and hard about which color to choose!
For those who have seen/talked with me recently, you know I've been in hyper mode getting ready for Joshua. Hospital bags are packed, floors are steam mopped, baby book is filled out, and I have been waking up multiple times a night eagerly waiting his arrival. Taking these pictures have really helped me slow down and see the beauty of all the sweet moments this week has brought. Life really is precious :)
















1 comment:
Great photo skills. Looking forward to seeing my nephew!
Post a Comment