Friday, December 12, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

We just had the most wonderful day.  It started with a precious Christmas performance by Laura at her school, followed by playing outside in the cool weather, warm cowboy soup for dinner with chocolate peppermint cake for dessert, a stroll around Crane's Roost, complete with lights and a water fountain show, and a creamy cup of hot cocoa to finish things off...yes, I'd say it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  

Here's Laura at her school performance. It was packed with parents but we got great seats in the second row. Laura was SO excited to spot us in the audience!

I love their sweet hand motions.


And, she takes a bow...

If you'd like to watch Laura's performance, you can click here to see the video! Laura's Christmas Video 2014

We also had an awesome time at the Candy Cane Hunt in the park.  Laura even found the bonus GIANT candy cane and I won the raffle for 2 free Magic Tickets!  Score!

High fives from the Elf for finding the prized candy cane!



The lights at Crane's Roost are beautiful and the fireworks show for the lighting ceremony were spectacular.  The Sea World booth was handing out special glasses which made all the fireworks look like snow flakes...so neat!


Speaking of Christmas, we actually celebrated part of it already with my family. On Thanksgiving weekend, we celebrated Thanksgiving on Thursday and Christmas on Friday.  We called it "Thanksmas." It was really a cherished and special time :)






Aunt Amanda got matching shirts for all the cousins!

My big gift was custom Anna and Elsa dresses for all the girls' build-a-bears. It was a lot of work and definitely a labor-of-love but I had a great time designing the pattern and creating these little masterpieces :)


The Thanksgiving meal was delicious. Norah and Joshua had their first Thanksgiving meal together :)










I am so thankful in this holiday season for all the wonderful family and friends fill our lives with joy each and every day.  And yes, I'm especially thankful for you :)

No comments: