Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Growing Baby Bump
I always wondered how I would know when I had an official "baby bump." Well, wonder no more! I had a very poignant and definitive experience yesterday morning that answered that question! I have, as I'm sure all women do, my very favorite pair of black capri pants. They are my favorite for a couple of reasons. First of all, this particular pant comes in a variety of styles, each one with a female's name stiched on the tag. My pants, of course, have "Sarah" stitched right inside...they were simply meant to be. Second of all, they are a size 4. Now, I own many size 4's but this pair is particularly huge...it literally had to stop being worn for a while because I feared they might slip off my hips! So, when I had that huge Outback meal I wanted to shove down, I knew exactly where to go...hello black "Sarah" pants! With all that being said, I haven't worn these pants all summer...stretchy shorts and cute little shirts seemed to be much better summer attire. So, the first day of school comes and I know exactly where to go in my closet. I pull out the black "Sarah" pants, pull them up over my hips, and OH MY...I can't even pull the zipper up...not even a centimeter! I ended up still wearing the pants but I had to use my "baby band" to hold up my unzipped, completely open fly pants! Goodness! But it was all worth it when I went to school. I don't have my gifted students yet (I start the year with staffing meetings) but I know many of the students from teaching science lab a few years ago. The children, very excited to see me, came running up, gave me a hug, and asked me if I was having a baby! Yes, that's right...they noticed "the bump!" Anyhoo, below you can see my progress. This first picture is of when I just found out I was pregnant. I was six weeks at the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment