Thursday, August 28, 2008

baby appointment update

Today I had my 14 week baby check-up appointment. I get an appointment every 4 weeks and without fail, it's always my favorite day of the month. I brought Mom along to hear the heart beat. What a wonderful sound! I could seriously listen to it all day...sounds like galloping horses! The heart beat was 150 beats/minute. Dr. K says that "wives' tales" say that the faster heart rates (150-160 beats/minute) indicate girls and that the slower heart rates (120-130beats/minute) indicate boys...but, he said that this wasn't concrete evidence by any means. So, although we still have no idea what we are having, there are slight indications that it might be a girl! I also had the shocking (but not so shocking when you look at my HUGE baby bump) news that I had gained 6 pounds in the last 4 weeks! My goodness! I think our little one is going to be a "big one"! It, of course, didn't stop me...we then went to Bahama Breeze for dinner and I got my own Jerk Chicken pasta dish(This is a shocker, as I LOVE to split meals). My stomach has been growling all day...so loud, in fact, that my colleague heard it across the conference table at work today! Baby Jo must be having a growth spurt because I certainly had my share of a hearty breakfast and lunch!

The big news is that we have the date of our ultrasound. On Thursday, September 18th at 3:15 p.m. we will be finding out the gender of our baby! It's just too exciting for words. Dr. K said that he'd get us into another ultrasound later, just for fun to see more development. He also said that he would try to work us into the 4-D ultrasound and snap some free photots. It definitely pays to be a great nurse and work with your wife's doctor! Thank you Jeff! :) So, stay tuned...in just 3 short weeks, this little one will finally have a gender and hopefully even a name! Fun, fun, fun!

No comments: