On August 28th (this Thursday), I have my regular monthly check-up. If all goes well, Dr. K will write a script for the ultrasound which will tell us if we're having a boy or girl! We'll keep you updated!
Sunday, August 24, 2008
My new favorite pants :)
This week I feel like I have stumbled upon one of the greatest discoveries of all time...on Tuesday, I discovered, the duo maternity hidden elastic pant (thank you Sara and Jill for telling me about them)! I have been to many maternity stores and it wasn't until JC Penny that I found these beauties. The pants have a flat seam at the front and a hidden elastic band in the back. The elastic has little slots about every cm that can be adjusted as you grow or shrink. 
So, this means that instead of having those tacky "belly bands" or having your pants ride extra low, you can actually wear your pants where you want to! Plus, they're about the most comfortable things I've ever put on. Think about it, instead of having all those silly women's sizes that vary from store to store anyways, all pants could just come in three easy sizes: small, medium, large...then, they could be adjusted from there! Pure brilliance, I say! I eagerly bought two pair, one in tan and one in chocolate. Here I am below, modeling the chocolate pants with my new maternity shirt that Sara bought me...thanks Sara, I love it :)
So, if you can get past the stimgma of wearing "maternity pants" when you're not pregnant, I highly recommend these pants to all of my female readers :) You will LOVE them! If you don't want to wear maternity pants, that's okay too, I suppose...ha! I just thought you might want to know how fun shopping for a growing belly can be! I'm having the time of my life watch my little baby get bigger and bigger. This week, according to literature, our little one is already 3 inches long!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What does "write a script for the ultrasound" mean? Looking forward to finding out who's in there!
"Writing a script" is how the doctor give his/her orders. For example, you need a script to receive prescription medicine. You also need scripts for diagnostic procedures such as ultrasound, catscan, MRI, etc. Without a script, there is not a designated need and the insurance won't cover it. So, I am waiting for my baby to be healthy and "just the right age" before my doctor will write me a script for my ultrasound to be done. :)
Yay!! SLAMMIN' outfit! I will definitely pass the word along about these wonderpants. :) I'm glad you're enjoying shopping for clothes for you, and once you find out the sex of the baby you'll get to have even MORE fun shopping for baby clothes - woo hoo!!!!
oh! oops - this is Christen by the way, lol. :) Really loving the blog - it's part of my daily ritual to check it for updates!
Hi Christian :)
I'm glad you identified yourself...I was wondering which of my friends had the "brightest eyes"...ha!
I'm also glad you're enjoying the blog. It's so fun to share my experiences with all of my loved ones :)
Christen-
Please excuse my "baby brain"...I wrote Christian instead of Christen and I'm not technologically advanced to fix my mistake! I hope my fantastic sister-in-law is having a wonderful day and I'm so glad you're staying tuned in :)
Post a Comment