Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day and other things

My first Mother's Day was this last Sunday and boy was it special!  For starters, I got to share it with my Mom, who was also celebrating her birthday.  The whole family came down to share in a lunch at Macaroni Grill (which Laura slept through like an angel) and to see Laura dedicated at church. I could barely hold back the tears as the preacher talked about how she was only a loan from God and that it was our duty to raise and love her...what an honor!  She truly is the greatest gift in the whole wide world.  

On another note, this week was my last week of gifted classes for the school year.  (I have 3 weeks left of meetings/paperwork).  I have always enjoyed my job but motherhood has made me enjoy it even more.  I look at those kids as somebody's little baby now...each sweet child has become just that more precious.  The 5th graders were sad to say good-bye.  I have taught some of them for 3 years.  One class made me an interactive powerpoint saying how I have impacted their lives.  The other one made me a sweet card with little messages on it.  At the end of the day, I walked them to the bus...the poor kids had the saddest faces!  The first ones stepped on the bus, took one last look at me, and ran off the steps to give me another hug. The whole class joined in and I had 23 sweet fifth graders giving me the hug of their lifetime.  I had tears in my eyes and was touched by their genuine care.  Life truly is good when you know you've made a difference in the life of a child :)  I have included some pictures from Mother's Day below.    




These pictures have nothing to do with Mother's Day but are fun none-the-less :)  They were taken today. Here's Laura on her bumbo chair...it's her new favorite place to be. It really helps to support her back and allows her to practice holding her head up.



I know she's not really big enough yet, but Mom and I thought we would see how Laura liked her new activity center. She only stayed in it for about 5 minutes but boy did she have the best time!  She really enjoyed all the new things to look at and touch! Jeff thinks she looks like a little secretary at her desk. Too cute!


1 comment:

Bright Eyes said...

oh yaaay!! that activities desk looked RAD! i can't wait to see her be-boping around in it. :)