Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Solid Stander :)

Check it out...I'm standing!!!

Boy, has Laura been fun to watch these last few days! She has been getting better and better at standing up on her own. If fact, today, she had an audience of her best baby friends and mommies....so, she crawled right to the center of the living room, stood up, and clapped for about 1 minute! One of the other babies who is a walker came up to her, stood right in front of her, and offered her his shoe...they just stood there starring at each other...it was so cute! We even managed to capture her in action right before she fell asleep tonight.
(SEE VIDEO AT THE END OF THIS ENTRY!!!)
I've also really been enjoying my new sewing hobby. Glenda and Memom gave me the most adorable farm animal prints and I came up with the perfect way to use them! This is the project that I'm most proud of so far. It took about the time of all my other projects combined but was worth every ounce of effort and fits Laura like a glove :) For the first time, I made my own button hole, sewed a button using the machine, made pouffy sleeves, and made a square neckline. Laura really loves her shirt and likes to point to the animals. I can't wait to take her to the petting zoo in it :)






2 comments:

Stacy Harris said...

She looks so excited to be standing, too cute! Nice job with the shirt, too. You can now sew circles around me.

Unknown said...

What a cutie! Sarah, you are becoming quite the seamstress. Absolutely love the latest outfit.