Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Growing Up Soooo Fast!

Today is Laura's 15 month birthday.  While reminiscing, I've noticed the last 3 months since Laura's 1st birthday having been nothing short of incredible!  When Laura turned 1, she was still a little baby. She had a banana and a cheese stick for her birthday dinner, which was a huge deal and she was still crawling and cruising with her walker.  Now, she's a lean-mean RUNNING machine and is eating WHOLE Chick-fil-a kids meals (with fruit, no fries). She recognizes all sorts of things. For example, every time she pulls her itsy bitsy spider book from the shelf, she starts doing the hand motions without a prompt!  She loves to play "tea" and is a pro at pretend play.  She gives hugs and kisses galore and even knows how to bend down and smell the flowers when prompted.  Amazing doesn't even begin to describe this child!  My Mom just bought Laura the most adorable hand-made rocker and table/chairs. I thought I would share some pictures of it and some fun videos.

Here's Laura's rocker, custom made for her. It's still a little big, her feet don't quite touch the ground but I love that she'll be using it for years to come.


Here's Laura at her table "munching" on some pretend dessert. Yum!


Here she is ready to pour Mommy some tea!

We did some rearranging to fit everything in her room. Daddy decided to put her old baby tub in her little house fort.  Laura loves to use the tub as a lounge chair.  As you can see, she's leisurely reading a book in her house.

This video is for you Christen...by request!  Here is Laura "loving the baby" and giving it a kiss. Usually the kisses are accompanied by the smacking sound but I still thought this was pretty good since the camera tends to distract and throw her off. Today, on the way to storytime, she was holding her teddy bear like an infant and kissed it 13 times in a row. So precious!


Whenever we see any sort of plant, I just have to say "smell the flowers" and she'll bend down and stick her nose in it. Now, we can literally smell the roses all day!

1 comment:

Bright Eyes said...

Yaaay! She's so smart!! I'm so amazed and excited at how much she's grown in 3 short months. She's such a little sponge! :) I love her little chair - your mom got such cute stuff. :) Thank you for the video - it was so precious!!!