Sunday, May 30, 2010

Rooted in Texas

Those of you who know me know my roots are in Texas.  I was born in Baylor Hospital and lived in Rockwall until the age of 6. I was blessed this week to fly compliments of "Joe Air" to visit my home state and see many of my friends and family.   It was an awesome week filled with too many special memories to even count!  Here are just a few of the highlights...

We were in safe hands with our pilot and co-pilot (a.k.a. Papa Joe and Mama Jo). 


Laura gets ready for her first trip on the twin Cesna 414.


4 Generations!


We celebrated Memom's birthday a few days early. She'll be 79 years young!


Memom is an expert seamstress and taught me many tricks of the trade as we made a dress and purse.  I was so excited to learn how to do a blind stitch, the PERFECT zipper, the flattest hem, and all sorts of other things!


Here's the dress and purse. There will also be a pink short-sleeve jacket that goes over the dress but I need to buy some bias tape before I can finish it. I am trying to prepare for Laura's future wardrobe, so this won't fit for quite some while.


Texas was covered in gorgeous wildflowers.  We found some near Memom and Pepaw's house and Laura just had to check them out!



Not only did their house have flowers but it also had cows!  Laura LOVED mooing and pointing at them!



Sarah Larr made a surprise visit which was loads of fun :)


We also visited the Laremore family.  It was so fun to see Brooke and her two precious boys!  


Fun times!


Laura was exhausted from all the fun and slept well on the way back home.


No comments: