Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas is coming!

The Christmas season is here and I've been loving every second if it!  I enjoyed making Laura's holiday dress and was able to capture this sweet photo at Crane's Roost.  It's a bit over-exposed from the flash but I still love my precious little girl's expression :)



 Our family also enjoyed picking out and decorating our tree. Laura has taken much delight in telling me exactly what's on the tree!


Here's our family holiday photo. This was taken at Crane's Roost, where we love to walk around and feed the ducks. 

We also went to Sears to get a professional photo. 

For Christmas, Laura is getting her own play kitchen. So, of course, she needed an apron to go with it!  I just finished this yesterday and plan to make one for myself and for her little bear before Christmas gets here!  It's red with white polka dots so that it looks just like Minnie Mouse's dress :) 

As you can see, I couldn't wait to try out her apron! Today, we made holiday cookies and Laura helped!  She LOVED her apron and told me right away that it looked like Minnie Mouse :) She also took full advantage of putting lots of things in the little pockets!  Here she is sifting the flour. 

Tasting the fruit of her hard work!  Yum, yum :) 

Merry Christmas everyone! 

One of the big highlights of making cookies was counting them!  Of course, she was counting to 10 before I had enough sense to grab the camera.  By the time I turned the camera on, she had re-calculated her math and decided there were only 4...ha!


2 comments:

Stacy Harris said...

So cute! Love the apron and looking forward to pictures of you, Laura and the bear in matching aprons. :)

By the way, you're way too politically correct with the "holiday card" and "holiday cookies". I mean - the cookies are shaped like Christmas trees for crying out loud. Anyway, nice cookies, wish I was there to eat them.

Bright Eyes said...

Awesome job on the apron and the tree looks great!! I'm sure Spike was mystified by the large tree being erected and decorated next to his condo, but no doubt he's enjoying the greenery. :D I love that y'all made the Christmas tree cookies - they are delicious!