Monday, May 2, 2011

Getting ready for Emily and Fun at the Zoo!

It's been fun and exciting here in the Westover household! I finally received my pink bird decals for Emily's room. This will set the theme for her room, which will be light pink on top (just like the picture below) and will have pink and brown stripes (the color of the tree trunk) below the chair rail. I can't wait to see it all come together!


I also have been working on the girls' special outfits that they will wear when they meet for the first time in the hospital! The inspiration was Emily's onesie that I found at Target. I then used a method called freezer paper stenciling to create a nearly identical matching "big sister" shirt. I also added Emily and Laura's name to each shirt :) So precious!


I'm not quite done with the shirts. I'm going to convert them to "ribbon shirts." This means that I will eventually (very soon) be sewing the pink ribbons to the waist-line of each outfit (see pic below) and will be adding a little bow. This bow is just a "mock set-up"...the final bows will be different and created just to match the shirts. I love the bows...it makes my girls look like the gifts from God that they are!


We've also just a great weekend in Jacksonville where we stayed at Aunt Stacy and Uncle Adam's house! Thanks to both of you for the being the host and hostest with the mostest :) Laura is already asking to go back!

We started off our "zoo day" with wildlife at the house. Laura spotted wild geese way off in the distance and, sure enough, we were able to lure them to our front door with bread!



The Sherwood girls at the Jacksonville zoo!


Laura loved meeting Jazoo the Lion.


Feeding the giraffe! So cool...you can see it's tongue actually wrapped around the lettuce!


Watching the otters eat "fish ice-sicles" during feeding time!


Laura picked out the gator out of all the animals on the carousel! It even had a blue and orange saddle which pleased Adam and Stacy very much...do have a future "FL gator?"


We even got to plant our own magnolia tree to take home for free! What an awesome zoo!

2 comments:

Stacy Harris said...

We had a great time with you this weekend and you're welcome to come back any time! I'm impressed with the sister shirts-looks professional.

Bright Eyes said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! :)