Monday, May 23, 2011

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice...that's what Laura Jo is Made Of

I'm not sure how I can possibly love Laura any more than I already do...but, somehow I wake up each morning feeling even more enamored than the day before! I had to share a sweet picture from this morning that I took of Laura making brownies for her friends. She loves to stir and help with the cooking!


I also had to share a few sweet stories from the past few weeks...

A few days ago, I was trying to get Laura in the car so that we could pick out some curtains and pink paint samples for Emily's room. I told her that we were going to find the perfect color pink for Emily. Laura got this super excited look on her face, ran to her room, and came back with her PINK CRAYON! She was ready to help color her sister's room and had already found the perfect shade of pink :) She is such a good helper and loves her little sister already!

On another note, Laura has recently decided that she LOVES all things alphabet oriented. In just 2 weeks, she has mastered her upper case letters and is currently working on recognizing her lower case letters. She points letters out wherever she goes. It's like a scavenger hunt every time we go shopping. It's funny...she gets ME excited about looking for letters too! Just the other day, she looks at me and says out of the blue, "Mommy, what does T make?" Thinking she meant the homonym "tea," I just couldn't figure out where she was going with this one...so I asked her. She replied, "it makes tuh, tuh, tuh!" Not only has she started to learn her letter sounds but she's giving me a lesson! I've got one smart cookie on my hands and I am certainly one proud Mama!

No comments: