The bags are packed and we are officially ready to meet our sweet Emily! My o.b. exam on Monday indicated that I have progressed to the point where delivery could happen at any time! We're so excited to see when she makes her debut!
Here's the view of Emily's room as you walk in. It is a perfect image of my dreams and is such a place of rest and peace. The theme, if you couldn't tell, is built around little songbirds...a perfect complement to Laura's butterflies :) You will notice in this picture: the birds on the wall (I'm so happy with these...I searched forever to find the perfect ones!), the hand-painted letters, and her dollhouse bookshelf.
I have to give a HUGE thanks to my amazingly wonderful, kind, giving, and talented husband! He gave up his time, when he really didn't have it, to personally install the crown molding (which looks equisite...don't you think?). This is after he had to take down the old chair rail, repair the walls, and paint the room! I love you Jeff!
Here's the center of the room. You can see her shimmery curtains and her little birdie nightlight.
Here's the other wall of her room. I left an area blank so that I can add some picture frames later :)
There's attention to detail all around her room: Here, you can see her birdie lamp, her hand-sewn birdie burp cloths, and her hand-painted bird-themed piggy bank!
Emily even already has her custom hair bows and hair bow holders made!
I even set up her play mat. It has a little bird at the top that actually "flies" back-and-forth and sings. Laura has tested it out already and gives it the thumbs up! She can't wait for Emily to lay on her back beside her so that she can show her how everything works! So sweet :)
It's hard to describe the true transformation that this room underwent. It was literally a year in the making. Of course, I don't have any true "before" pictures...the next two pictures show most of the furniture but it's from our apartment, not our house office. The house office actually had 1 more huge bookshelf in it and a closet PACKED full of things. In fact, before Emily was even conceived, I spent 4 months to clean that crazy closet out! Here's the desk we decided to keep. It's been moved to our bedroom.
Here's the desk that we gave away. We also cleared out 2 bookshelves (went from 13 shelfs to 5!), and gave away the lamp.
Cleaning of the desks was another 4 month project. Laura enjoyed hiding in the desk compartment once I finally got it cleared :)
Here's what the room looked like once we got all the furniture out and the carpet covered. I forgot to mention that Jeff also took out a can light in a weird location by the closet, re-wired the electrical stuff in the attic and placed a fan in the center of the room. He then repaired the ceiling, did a knock-down texture to match the rest of the room, and re-painted the ceiling! Whew!
Jeff also ripped off the chair rail done poorly by the previous owner. Here he is repairing the walls afterwards.
We bought the nice Behr paint and only have to do two coats, since it had the primer in it :) Jeff had a little fun with it before he got to the solid coat!

Emily- The whole family loves you so much already and we can't wait to see you soon!











3 comments:
I love the room pics, everything turned out so well . . . The birdie night light really gives it that finishing touch. :) Can't wait to meet Emily!
glad you liked it Stacy :) I love Emily's nightlight too...it takes center stage on the center wall!
Yaaay! It looks SOOOO good!! You both did such a good job. :) I love that Laura enjoyed playing in the desk cubby and that she tested out some of her toys - she's helping too. :) I love all of the details! Everything ready for sweet little Emily!
Post a Comment