Wow! What a busy and wonderful day we had this last Monday, August 5th. First and foremost, it was Jeff's birthday!!! The theme was "relaxation"...highlights including receiving a hammock stand for his hammock, a 1 hour massage gift certificate, swimming with the family, and eating at Kobe's as a family :)
It was also Laura's very first dance class! She is taking a combo class at Showtime Dance Studio (where Stacy and I danced as a child) where she will learn ballet, tap, and tumbling. The best part is that her two very best friends in the whole world, Allison and Kate, are in the class with her. They dance to Tinkerbelle and Disney Princess music. It pretty much doesn't get better than that!
As if that wasn't enough, Laura and I also started violin lessons! I am sitting in on Laura's lessons and learning at her rate. That way, we can practice together at home and I will be able to play anything that she can play. I can't wait for our duets together :) Her music teacher was astounded as her natural ability to memorize the strings and read music with minimal effort. Laura is truly a natural and gifted musician. I am so glad we are starting her early and cultivating her gift! Thank you to Jeff for surprising Laura and I with our violin rentals and first lessons!
And finally, Emily is growing up before our eyes too! She will be 2 years old in less than 2 weeks! We have caught her climbing over her crib this last week a few times and decided to convert her to a toddler bed on Thursday. Remarkably, to our delight and surprise, the transition was an easy one. So far, we are 4 for 4 for successful naps and bedtimes!

1 comment:
Go Emily! Happy Birthday to Jeff! And, that violin has to be the cutest thing I've ever seen ... next to the pretty ballerina's of course ;)
Post a Comment