My oh my! The summer is already over half way over and I feel like it just started yesterday. 2 months have flown by. I'll try my best to fill you in on all that has happened.
Today was a particularly special day. We dedicated our precious Joshua to the Lord at church today. It was a really nice ceremony where we were able to read a letter that we had personally written to Joshua. Then, the girls helped Jeff light a candle to represent Joshua. And, finally, the pastor said a special prayer over our sweet little man.
Another big event of the summer was Chick-fil-a Cow Appreciation day. We added a new member to our herd this year :)
We won the title of "biggest herd" again this year, for the 4th year in a row. We had 22 cows! Laura also won the title of "Best Moo" in the 0-5 year old category. She won free Chick-fil-a for a month...fun! Way to go Laura!
The girls have also transformed and blossomed since school has gotten out. Laura is a reading machine these days. She can easily pick up many of her books and read them cover to cover without a second thought! I can hardly believe my eyes and ears. I'll have to post a video before the summer is out. She has also been very diligent in her violin playing and is playing better than ever before. We surprised Jeff with a cello for Father's day and the two have really enjoyed practicing together!
Emily has transformed into a completely grown up girl! She has both potty trained and learned to swim over the last few weeks! She went from never wanting to go in the potty to earning her big girl FROZEN underpants. And, that's a VERY big deal around here! She also went from only wanting to swim in her little inner tube to swimming (underwater) across the entire shallow end of the pool and jumping off the edge! Wow!
Joshua is 3 1/2 months old and is growing so big, so quickly! He loves his bumbo chair these days. It's exciting to finally "sit up" and see the whole around him from a whole new perspective! He has the most amazing laugh and smiles all day long. He's still a super sleeper and terrific eater. He really is the best baby ever!
I've also been blessed to capture many sweet moments of the kiddos together and thought I'd share some of my favorites.
We had a great time celebrating the 4th of July by attending Red, Hot, and Boom. We were blessed to be able to see the fireworks from the 6th floor of our friends condo! What fun!
And, last but not least, Jeff and I celebrated 10 wonderful years of marriage on June 27th. It has been such an incredible journey, one that I would not change for anything in the world. We had a very romantic dinner and Jeff surprised me with 3 dozen roses. They filled the house with their sweet fragrance for a whole week!
Wow...so, there's 2 months in a nutshell! I can't wait to see what the next 2 months have in store!


















1 comment:
Awesome pictures! You're turning out some great looking photos . . . mine aren't nearly as awesome. Cute nieces & nephew!
Post a Comment