Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's official...We're CERTIFIED!



As you can see from the certificate above, Jeff and I have completed our "Prepared Childbirth" class! That means that we've learned the multiple stages of labor, practiced all sorts of fancy breathing, and even witnessed a live birth on video. And somehow, through all of this, I haven't become scared yet. I'm sure it'll hit me sometime closer to the due date but I haven't backed out yet...ha! We're going to try to go "natural" as long as possible...but, I'm open to an epidural if necessary. They say the longer you stay without an epidural, the faster your labor progresses and the more control you have over your pushes. Tomorrow, we have our "Baby Childcare Class," so I'll be even more educated the next time you hear from me :) After that, we still have a "Breastfeeding" class and an "Anesthesia" class yet to go. Jeff and I have really been enjoying the time together and are getting more and more excited about our little one...fun, fun, fun!

No comments: