Tuesday, November 18, 2008

more baby education

As if seeing a live childbirth on video wasn't enough, Jeff and I spent two and a half hours last night learning about "child care." The first half hour of the class was spent on poop and diapers! We even had our own dolls to practice on and we had to inspect pictures of varying poo samples. Then, we watching the best video EVER. It featured the author of "The Happiest Baby On the Block"...this guy is AWESOME...it's like he's a real-life baby whisperer. He taught us how to turn on our child's calming reflex and basically calm any screaming child with 5 basic steps. We'll see how well it works when the time finally comes to use these skills...I'm sure we'll implement them just as well as he does...ha! I also learned that the super cool pacifier/thermometer that I registered for is not as accurate as a regular axillary or rectal thermometer...I suppose things that look too good to be true usually are. Oh well. Anyhoo, I'm on my way to becoming "super Mom" and knowing everything there is to know. On the day after Thanksgiving, we'll be having a 4-D ultrasound...just for fun. You're supposed to be able to see her face really well. It's all I can think about. Nothing seems as interesting. As soon as we get the video and photos from our ultrasound, they'll be posted on this site. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Bright Eyes said...

That sounds awesome!! Has Jeff practiced the calming/whispering techniques on Spike yet? ;)