Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's official...we're nesting!

It seems like forever since I've last written an entry. Things have certainly been flying by here in the Westover household. Laura Jo should be here in less than 5 weeks and we've been staying up until midnight and waking up at 6:00 a.m. nearly every morning for 3 straight weeks to make sure we're ready for her! We're exhausted but exhilarated at the same time. We certainly have been "nesting" to new levels!

We waved good-bye to a large chunk in our savings last weekend as we bought our first desktop computer (our laptop has bit the dust) and our first FAMILY CAR!!! We traded in the cougar for a 2007 Mazda CX-7. It is WONDERFUL to know that Laura will be riding in a vehicle that is safe and that has plenty of storage for all of her fun baby accessories...not to mention, the car will make our trips to Home Depot a lot nicer too!

In addition to those major purchases, Jeff and I have been working furiously on the nursery to put up the crown molding, chair rail, and to paint the walls. It's finally done and looks terrific. We still have to stain the dresser, add the glider chair (it's being ordered), and put up the butterflies...but, besides that, we're pretty much done.

Jeff and I have also been showered with love this whole week with 3 baby showers...one hosted by our church family, one hosted by my ESE team at school, and one hosted my Mom's wonderful friends. I have never felt more loved or felt so at ease knowing that there will be so many people out there to look out for and care for little Laura Jo. I can not express how much you mean to me and how valuable each one of you are in our hearts. I also appreciate all of the wonderful gifts...they really make my heart rest a little easier knowing that Laura is so well equipped to come into this world!

I have taken pictures of many of these momentous events and thought you would like to see them. Enjoy!


First, you can see our newly painted nursery with chair rail and crown molding. Professional looking, huh?




Here's our new family car...a 2007 Mazda CX-7!



Here's our new computer...it's an HP...we made sure it still runs on XP.


Here's some highlights from my wonderful showers. Thank you again to all of those who helped support us and surround us with so much abounding love :)





No comments: