Tuesday, January 6, 2009

new year update

Hello all! It's been a while since I've last written so I wanted to make sure that you all knew that I have not forgotten you! I've been busy celebrating Christmas and just got back from spending a week in Utah for our family reunion. Laura Jo seems to be doing great...I've felt lots of kicks recently and have, in these last few days, really felt her near the edge of my tummy...I think I've been able to identify her spine, shoulder, and head at various intervals...pretty cool! We've got another baby check-up appointment this Thursday and have been working furiously on the nursery. It's looking AMAZING but I want to wait until the walls and dresser are completed before I post pictures. Hopefully in the next week and a half or so, you'll see our update post on the room. For now, you'll have to settle for our other exciting news...we came home from Utah to see that our broccoli had tripled in size and flowered! Pretty incredible...I had no idea that each little "leaf" on the broccoli "tree" was a flower bud! You can't eat the ones with flowers...but, we did manage to salvage two broccoli stalks that had yet to flower. They tasted amazing. Here are a few pictures from the last week...

Here's Jeff and I at our annual Sherwood Family Reunion. We're getting ready to eat an amazing buffet...I think I had 6 different desserts! :)


Here's the flowering broccoli...incredible, huh?

Here we are enjoying our broccoli harvest. It's seriously the best broccoli I've ever put into my mouth...yum! :)



No comments: