Laura Jo was born on Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 at 1:38 a.m.
6 lbs. 9 oz.
19 inches long
Laura Jo is finally here! I can't help but falling to my knees and praising God for all his goodness! He certainly watched over me during the preganancy and birthing process. The whole thing was like a dream...none of those horror stories everyone tells you. I was able to go on my field trip, casually walked into the hospital all smiles (I suspected my water MAY have broken but wasn't sure), and then gave birth only 6 hours later. I only had 1 hour of pain (scariest hour of my life...by the way..I couldn't breathe, was literally suffocating and wanted to vomit..this is, by the way, when I gave up the whole "natural birthing idea"). After that, I received my epidural. It was the most peace I've experienced perhaps in my entire life. I fell asleep and two hours later, they woke me up wanting to check my cervix. They thought I might be a 6 at best...but I was 10 plus! They told me not to sneeze or laugh or the baby might come out before the doctor could arrive! With a few pushes that involved absolutely no pain, she came right out into the world. Laura Jo is amazing beyond amazing. She is absolutely perfect...beauty beyond words, a wonderfuly pleasant temperament, an observer of everything, and best of all...perfectly healthy in every way. God has heard my prayers! Enjoy some pictures of our little one!
The first 5 photos are from the professional photo studio they have at the hospital. The first one is her "pea in a pod look." It's an awesome baby wrap given to us by the Duartes and has been her #1 favorite comfort item so far.
This is her dainty look. She looks so grown up here...like's she practicing all those cell phone calls she will make while maintaining a feminine daintiness :)
This is her Cinderella wave. She's already practicing for those parades in her future...
This is Laura as "Sleeping Beauty."
I love this one...I call it her "unsure" photo...not sure what's she's thinking about...but she sure is cute doing it!
Here's Laura Jo within her first minute of life! Wow...what a miracle!
Our first family photo.
Laura enters the world and lets everyone know about it!
Laura's first foot prints...Daddy helps with the process.
I can already tell...she's going to be Daddy's little princess. She loves to be held and look at him.
Daddy watches Laura Jo and gets some rest at the same time.
We received all sorts of sweet presents and visitors during our hospital stay. We were very excited about the cookie bouquet we received. Here I am digging in to the "ducky"...Laura decides she'll wait to taste it in the "milk form."
Here we are around 4:00 a.m. She has just received her bath and we are in our special ultra giant (reserved for FL Hospital employees) birthday room where we will remain for the rest of our hospital stay. Our new life as a family has begun and it's even better than the most wonderful dreams I could ever conjure up in my mind. I LOVE my life. God is good.




4 comments:
She is beautiful! Congratulations! We are thrilled for your wonderful blessing!
Congratulations!! She is beautiful! I'm glad Laura Jo and mom are doing well! I love that the hospital has a photo shoot with the new borns. That is so cool!
Amazing!!! I'm SO EXCITED to meet my beautiful little niece - the newest of the Westover clan. I loved the pictures too - she's so gorgeous. Her features are a perfect blend of you and Jeff - such a sweet little angel. I'm so happy for you!
What a sweet little miracle! She is really alert for a newborn!... and not to mention very pretty. Maybe Tony and Jeff can start a support group... "dads of pretty girls" : )
Post a Comment