Saturday, February 7, 2009

My Very Mooving Chick-fil-a Baby Shower :)

For those of you who know me well, you have probably realized by now that I'm a walking billboard for the things I love in life...you've heard more about cockatiels, Disney, and Chick-fil-a than most others hear in a lifetime!  And after all these years, I still have not lost my ferver for these topics.  Chick-fil-A has consistently impressed me with their amazingly delicious food, abundant coupons (our favorite deal is Church bulletin night...if you're wondering where we are each Monday night...guess no further...we're getting our free chicken sandwiches!), Christian values (closed on Sunday...plus, one time, my whole bible study from Disney received free Chicken Sandwich coupons just because the manager was so excited we were conducting the bible study in his restaurant!), kids meals that teach important values, kind staff (who recognize us and know what we want before we even order!), and, of course, their adorable cow advertising slogan/mascot.   And yet, after Saturday, I find myself loving Chick-fil-a and the people who work there even more!  

Out of the kindness of her heart, when Marsha (the marketing director from Chick-fil-a) found out we were pregant, she want to do something special for us...she called a day later and asked if we would be interested in a shower.  Of course, the answer was a resounding YES...and what a special day it was! Marsha, along with the rest of Chick-fil-A, and Stacy (my sister) joined forces to throw Jeff, Laura, and I the most wonderful shower!  It was complete with cow hats, cow themed games, delicious food, and even a visit from their special "baby girl cow."  Everyone had a mini-moo waiting at their seat, we had special menus to order from and even had a huge "cake" made out of diapers!  Since we couldn't quite eat that, we got icecream and pink sprinkles for dessert...yum!  We ate our feast on top of a delightful cow print runner.  There was even a balloon arch in our honor and a specially made sign that said congratulations Sarah and Jeff!  Marsha even printed souvenier photos of each family to take home...what a wonderful keepsake :) It was so fun to celebrate with family and friends and I loved all the little details and love that went into it.  I could feel love and kindness just seeping out of everyone there...especialy from Marsha and Stacy who worked so hard to put everything together.  It will certainly be a memory that I will not soon forget :)  Thank you everyone for making us feel so amazingly special. I definitely have even more to add to my stories when I tell everyone how much I love Chick-fil-a :)




1 comment:

Bright Eyes said...

Aww!! that's so sweet and awesome! Yay for diaper cakes. :)