It just hit me this last Sunday when I walked in to church and the bulletin read "February 1st." Wow! From this point on, whenever anyone asks me when I'm due (which multiple people do every day now), I can say THIS month! How fun :) This is definitely my favorite part of the pregnancy so far. I have enjoyed all the attention everyone seems to be lavishing on to my ever growing belly. Laura is still right on schedule...her head is down and her feet are still up...although, she's still rather high in the birth canal. Her "Mama Jo" had a vision last night and apparently, Laura is coming on February 22nd. So, we'll see...ha!
I also realized there are a lot of "lasts" Jeff and I seem to be cramming in at the last minute...our last romantic Valentine's Day without kids, our last weekend together without kids, our last experience in a quiet restaurant without kids, our last solid night's sleep... We are really cherishing each and every moment.
But, even more special than all of the "lasts" are all of the "firsts." I can't wait for the first time I see her, the first time I hear her cry, the first time she smiles at me, the first time she says my name...
Life may be insanely busy as I feebly attempt to prepare for maternity leave at school and as Jeff and I try to cherish all of our "lasts" before Laura comes, but it's a wonderful life and I wouldn't change it for the world :)
No comments:
Post a Comment