Monday, February 16, 2009

Looks like she's coming soon!

What an exciting and eventful couple of days!  Jeff and I celebrated our last Valentine's Day as a "couple without kids" and had a wonderful time. We ate lunch at Outback and had the whole restaurant to ourselves...how peaceful and relaxing...we drove by later around 5:30 p.m. and it looked like there were about 50 people outside the door...we were very glad we ate earlier!  We also got his and her pedicures (a first and last for Jeff...although there are many more in my future!), went bowling, and fed ducks at the pond. Jeff also had 2 dozen roses and a vase delivered to my school during class on Friday. The kids were so excited to get the box from the office and help open it!  The colors weren't quite what Jeff had ordered and some roses looked like they were dying...so ProFlowers send ANOTHER 2 dozens roses and another vase on Valentine's day...plus, I still had 12 beautiful roses from my baby shower...that's a grand total of 5 dozen roses...everytime I walk through the house, I just see God's beauty all around :)

And even more exciting news...I went to the doctor this afternoon...I'm 1 cm dialated and 60% effaced...woo hoo!  The doctor actually FELT her head!  Her head is definitely way down low and pressing on the cervix.  I have just started waking up every 2 hours during the night...ironically, I've got TONS of energy. I've packed our hospital bags and am ready to go.  I'm so excited!  I'm definitely thinking that Laura Jo will make an appearance before her due date. My theory is that it'll be before this next weekend is over...maybe even before the work week is over...we'll see!  For the meantime, I've got some big events at school...a field trip tomorrow with my 5th graders, a Magic game that night (all the 5th graders and their families will be sitting together at the game...how fun!), and a claymation showcase where all the 1st/2nd grade parents are invited on Wednesday. Hopefully, I'll make it that long!

Enjoy some pictures from our Valentine's weekend...


1 comment:

Bright Eyes said...

Oh wow!!! That's so awesome and exciting! I'm going to cross my fingers that Laura Jo hangs out at least through the field trip - I know that you were hoping to make that, but at least she didn't come on Valentine's Day as we were thinking!! Yay Laura Jo for being such a considerate baby girl already. :) SO excited!!!