Monday, October 6, 2008

Music To My Ears

It certainly has been a busy couple of days for our little girl. On Saturday, we received our first "bounty" of baby stuff from Travis, the fish man. His children have outgrown these items and so we ended up with some pretty wonderful things...my favorites being the snap-and-go stroller, the swing, and the jungle themed jumper...too cute! As you can see, there is not enough room in the nursery quite yet. We'll be working during these next few weeks to start clearing out that old furniture and making way for our sweet little girl :) It makes it so much more "real" to have these items. I pushed the stroller around the house for a good 10 minutes...just imagining my little girl in it. I even tried putting Spike in it. He let me know very quickly that he was NOT my sweet little girl and that he would have no part in this activity...ha!

Even better than my room full of baby goodness, I had another baby check-up today. I certainly am gaining weight...up 8 pounds since my last appointment....bringing me to a total of 17 pounds gained so far...holy moly! But, it's all for my sweet little girl...so, I suppose it's worth it. I also got the BEST gift ever, a little sound box of her heart beat. The doctor said that I could bring it to build-a-bear and that they would put it inside any bear of my choosing so that our little girl can have her real heart beat inside. I didn't notice until I got home, however, that it has the doctor's voice saying "here, try this" in the beginning. I figure that this would be kindof creepy coming from a teddy bear, so I'll wait until next month to get a new recording before I put it in a bear permanently. Until then, enjoy the sweet, sweet music to my ears!

1 comment:

Fletcher and A'me said...

That's neat that you could record the baby's heartbeat! I'm going to have to remember that next time!