Sunday, October 5, 2008

my weekend accomplishment...

For starters, you can probably tell from the video, that this particular entry has NOTHING to do with babies...it does have to do with my "other children"...my gifted children that I teach. They are the reason my days are so interesting and full of excitement and the reason I know, without a doubt in the world, that having a child of my own will be the best decision I have ever made! I have themes for each grade level...the team is synthesis for 5th grade (we're building and programming LEGO NXT Mindstorm robots...very cool!). In 4th grade, the theme is discovery. First, we are studying space (and going to the Kennedy Space Center in January) and then discovering a crime scene! In third grade, the theme is structure and we're covering the structure of bridges and then the structure of the human body. And finally, in 1st and 2nd grade, the theme is imagination. We've been doing a claymation unit and this weekend, it was my job to figure out how this silly software works. Each claymation movie the students are doing will portray the literal interpretation of an "idiom." (An idiom is a common colloquial saying that has a figurative meaning but can not be taken literally.) Examples of idioms include "It's raining cats and dogs" or "Stuck between a rock and a hard place." So, this is my idiom claymation movie. See if you can guess it before it gives you the answer. Keep in mind, I did the whole thing, from start to finish in an afternoon. If nothing else, it should make you laugh :)

I was also excited about putting this video up, because it means I can also put up videos of our sweet little girl! You'll be able to share in her first crawl and first walk with us! How fun! Anyhoo, enjoy my silly movie and make sure to smile! :)

1 comment:

Stacy Harris said...

I guessed before it told me! Very nice, I'm sure the kids will be impressed.